Lundin Mining Corp (TSX:LUN)


Lundin Mining Corporation is a Canadian firm that focuses on producing base metals and precious metals. The primary products include copper, gold, nickel, zinc, etc.

The company's main operations are located in Portugal, the United States, Brazil, Sweden and Chile.

In 1994, the mining company was incorporated as the South Atlantic Diamonds Corp. It acquired Sweden-based Zinkgruva Mine in 2004 and rebranded as Lundin Mining.

Lundin Mining's diversified portfolio includes high-quality producing mines such as Neves-Corvo mine, Portugal; Zinkgruvan mine, Sweden; Eagle mine, the United States; Candelaria and Ojos del Salado Mining Complex, Chile.

Candelaria Mining Complex

The mining complex consists of two adjacent mines: Ojos del Salado and Candelaria. These are open-pit and underground mine that produces copper concentrates. With the acquisition of Freeport-McMoRan Inc in 2014, Lundin Mining acquired ownership of the mines. Presently, it has an 80 per cent stake in the adjacent mines, and Sumitomo owns the remaining 20 per cent. Ojos del Salado mines consist of two underground mines: Alcaparrosa and Santos. The ore from the mine is treated at the Candelaria processing plant and PAC processing facility.


Located in Brazil's northern Goiás State, the facility produces high-quality copper concentrate. Chapada is a conventional open-pit copper-gold mine complex. The sulphide ores are treated at a processing facility in the mining complex. A high-quality gold-rich copper concentrate is produced by floating, grinding and crushing methods, the company claims. The concentrates are then transported to the Port of Vitória, from where it is shipped to overseas.


It is an underground mine that produces nickel and copper. In 2013, the mining company earned the project from Rio Tinto. The base metal concentrates are transported to the smelter facilities within North America and to ports for overseas customers. The commercial production commenced in 2014.


The processing facility at the mining facility consists of two plants for copper and zinc. The zinc processing facility reportedly has an estimated capacity of 1.1 million tonnes per annum (mtpa) and the copper plant’s capacity is 2.6 mtpa. The metal concentrates are transported to the port of Setúbal to be further shipped to European-based smelters. Somincor, one of the subsidiaries, operates and owns the copper and zinc mine.


The concentrates are transported to European smelters from an inland port facility, the company claims. The underground mine has significant reserves of copper, zinc and lead concentrates.

The mining firm reportedly focuses on increasing the mineral resources and reserves by extending mine life and expanding existing operations. It also aims to acquire high-quality and advanced-stage exploration projects.

In addition, the Canadian mining company claims to promote and adopt sustainable initiatives.

Contact Information

company address 150 King Street West, Suite 2200 P.O Box 38 Toronto, ON Canada M5H 1J9

company phone1 416 342 5560

company email[email protected]

company website

Similar Companies

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. OK