Iamgold Corp (TSX:IMG)


IAMGOLD Corporation is a mining and exploration company that is primarily interested in precious metal projects.

It focuses on developing the prospective mining districts that include operating mines, construction, development, exploration projects, and assets across North America, South America, and West Africa.

The company's diversified portfolio consists of various mining and exploration projects, including:

• Rosebel Gold Mine situated in Suriname, South America
• Essakane in Burkina Faso, West Africa
• Westwood Gold Mine situated in southwestern Québec, Canada
• Sadiola Gold and Yatela Gold Mine in southwest Mali, West Africa

The gold producer commenced the construction at the Côté Gold Project, located in Ontario, in July 2020. It is a joint venture project with Sumitomo Metal Mining Co. Ltd, where the company owns 64.75 per cent interest.

The company's other development project is located in Senegal, West Africa. It owns a 90 per cent stake in the Boto Gold Development Project, while the government of Senegal holds the remaining.

The public company also invests in several greenfield and near-mine exploration projects in West Africa and the Americas, including:

• Pitangui project
• Diakha-Siribaya project
• Monster Lake Project

The Canadian company reportedly aims to produce between 630,000 and 700,000 ounces of yellow metal in 2021.

IAMGOLD Corporation's stock trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol IMG.

The gold-focused company is presently focusing on numerous prospective mineral projects through joint ventures or partnership agreements.

IAMGOLD Corporation entered into an agreement with joint venture partner Vanstar Mining Resources Inc for Nelligan Gold Project, located in Quebec. The company owns 75 per cent of an average undivided interest in the project, while Vanstar Mining holds the remaining 25 per cent.

The mining firm reportedly won the TSM Environmental Excellence Award in 2021 for its recycling program at Essakane mine, Burkina Faso.

IAMGOLD Corporation, through its Zero Harm® initiative, aims to minimize, eliminate and offset the environmental impact of its operations, including water-saving, energy, GHG emissions, waste management and tailings management.

Contact Information

company address "401 Bay Street, Suite 3200 PO Box 153 Toronto, Ontario M5H 2Y4"

company phone1 416 360 4710

company email[email protected]

company websitehttps://www.iamgold.com/English/home/default.aspx

Similar Companies

Load More
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. OK