Atrium Mortgage Investment Corporation provides commercial and residential mortgage solutions across Canada.
This non-banking finance company reportedly lends withing conservative risk parameters to secure stable dividends for its shareholders and create regular cashflow.
For over 19 years, the non-bank entity claims to provide various financial solutions by following strict investment policy compliance and expanding its presence with focus on low-risk property portfolio.
The diversified loan offerings include loans for bridge financing, infill construction, and land assembly with an interest rate between 7.75 to 10 per cent per annum for a period of one to two years. In addition, the interest payments are collected only on monthly basis, the non-bank lending company claims.
Atrium Mortgage has operations in Ontario, British Colombia, and Alberta.
The company claims that its expertise lies in the flexibility in the services and mortgages provided at competitive terms and structures. In addition, Atrium Mortgage Investment Corporation aims to bridge the gap as a leading mortgages lender in the limited financial institutions in Canadian market.
The investment corporation’s most of the investments are made towards residential mortgages. Atrium Mortgage also claims to pay secured dividends to the investors.
The company reportedly adheres to the following parameters while lending:
• Weighted average loan-to-value ratio of the company’s mortgage portfolio should not exceed 75 per cent at the time of mortgage underwriting
• A typical loan in the company’s portfolio has an average interest rate between 7.75 to 10 per cent
• A maximum mortgage on income producing real-estate property up to 85 per cent of upraised value.
• A maximum mortgage on residential and commercial properties up to 75 per cent of upraised value
• For single family residents, loans up to 75 per cent of upraised value of the property
• A maximum of 90 per cent of cost on loans for construction purposes.
Atrium says that it co-lends with a private lender or a financial institution in case the loan is for more than 30 million dollars. Canadian Mortgage Capital Corporation (CMCC) manages and services the mortgage loans on behalf of Atrium.
Atrium qualifies as a Mortgage Investment Corporation and is a publicly listed company, whose stocks are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the quote of ‘AI’.