Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE:LLY) is a drug company that manufactures, sells and develops various human pharmaceutical products.
In 1876, founder Colonel Eli Lily started a drug manufacturing business in Indianapolis.
With a history of over 140 years, the company has a global presence with manufacturing units located in several countries, including the United States, Puerto Rico, etc.
The pharmaceutical company develops and markets pharmaceutical products for animals and humans.
Most of the products are used in several therapeutic areas such as anti-infectives, oncology, immunology, neuroscience, endocrine, diabetes, etc.
The company owns and operates production facilities in France, Indianapolis, China, New Jersey, Carolina, Spain and Ireland.
Eli Lilly and Company provides its products and services to medical healthcare professionals, veterinary professionals, physicians, veterinary clinics, hospitals, etc. It also distributes the products through wholesalers, retailers and online platforms.
The product pipelines comprise treatments for the following medical conditions and diseases:
• Diabetes: Trademark products include Baqsimi®, Humulin®, Trajenta®, Jardiance® for treatment of severe hyperglycemia and type 2 diabetes.
• Oncology: Retevmo®, Alimta®, Erbitux®, Tyvyt®, Erbitux®, etc, are certain products under the therapeutic segment.
• Neuroscience: The products include Zyprexa® used in treatment of schizophrenia, Cymbalta® in major depression disorders and Emgality® in migraine-related conditions, the company claims.
• Immunology: The company provides remedies for rheumatoid arthritis and psoriasis, etc., under the brands Olumiant® and Taltz®.
Other leaders in the pharmaceutical industries include Roche Holdings, Pfizer, Astra Zeneca, Bristol Myers Squibb, Merck & Co Inc, etc.
Cardinal Health Inc, AmerisourceBergen Corporation and Mc Kesson Corporation are reportedly accounted for nearly 15 to 20 per cent of its consolidated revenue, the pharma company claims.
Eli Lilly and Company operates through various domestic and international subsidiaries such as:
• Lilly USA LLC
• Eli Lilly & CO (India) Pvt. Ltd
• ImClone systems
• Dermira, Inc
• Prevail Therapeutics
• Loxo Oncology, Inc
• Lilly Deutschland GmbH
• ARMO BioSciences Inc
Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285