DOLLAR GENERAL CORP (NYSE:DG) News and Share PriceRetail
Dollar General Corporation is an American discount retail chain focused on operating merchandise stores across the country.
The company-owned stores provide various products such as consumables, seasonal, home care, household products, and apparel. It also houses global brands like Coca-Cola, Procter & Gamble, PepsiCo, Kellogg's, Nestle, Clorox, Hanes, Energizer, Kimberly-Clark, Unilever, General Mills, etc.
The firm primarily operates in four segments:
• Home Care
The firm provides several utility products through its consumable unit under the following category:
• Paper and Cleaning Products: Paper towels, tissues and other home cleaning products.
• Packaged food: Cereals, spices, flour, sugar, etc.
• Perishables: Beer, milk, wine, etc.
• Snacks: Carbonated drinks, cookies, candies, etc.
• Health and Beauty Care: Over-the-counter and nonprescription medicines, personal care products and beauty products, etc.
• Pet Care: Food and well-being products for pets.
• Tobacco Items: Cigarettes and tobacco products.
Seasonal Product Segment
Under this segment, the American company provides toys, decorative products, stationery items, batteries, phones, accessories, and related items for offices and homes.
Home Care Segment
It deals with home care products such as cookware and kitchen instruments, bed and bathroom items, crafting supplies, home essentials, etc.
The segment provides apparel for newborns, toddlers, men and women. In addition, the section also provides shoes, accessories, and disposable diapers.
Founders H.C Turner Sr and J.L. Turner started the business in 1939, which presently owns 17,426 stores in 46 states of US.
The company started its journey as J.L. Turner and Son and later rebranded to Dollar General Corporation in 1955.
The discount retail firm went public in 1968 with its debut on the New York Stock Exchange. The trading symbol is ‘DG’. In 2021, the company claims to have ranked among the leading firms in Forbes Global 2000 and Fortune 500.
100 Mission RDG Goodlettsville, TN, 37072-2171 United States