Assure Holdings Corp. is a junior biotechnology company that operates in the healthcare industry. Assure holding provides health services and equipment to surgeons for intraoperative neuromonitoring during critical surgeries.
Assure Holdings Corp. is a publicly listed company on the TSX Venture Exchange Market, with its common shares trading under the ticker symbol IOM. In addition to the TSXV, the biopharmaceutical company lists and trades its common shares on the OTCQB market (in the United States) under the stock symbol ARHH.
The Denver-based healthcare technology company specializes in providing intraoperative neuromonitoring (IONM) services during surgical procedures, including technological and professional components, and ensures patient safety and improved surgical results. The technician attaches electrodes to the patient’s body which helps in monitoring nerve pathways through electric impulses.
The electrical signals provide continuous feedback to the surgeon to avoid any nerve injury and guides to operate the patient. Assure Holdings provides real-time data about the patient condition to help surgeons while conducting complicated surgical operations through fully integrated monitoring procedures, which include:
• Spinal Procedures -- spinal cord cases, cervical, thoracic and lumbar; spinal instrumentation cases, total disc replacement, scoliosis correction, odontoid fracture, discectomy/ laminectomy/ decompression, corpectomy, spinal cord tumor, tethered cord and more.
• Otolaryngology (ENT) and neurotology procedures -- thyroidectomy and parathyroidectomy, parotidectomy, submandibular gland removal and neck dissection, tympanoplasty, mastoidectomy and implant surgeries.
• Vascular procedures -- carotid endartectomy; brain aneurysm clipping and coiling, aortic aneurysm, intracranial and spinal cord, bypass surgeries, trans carotid artery revascularization (TCAR), and transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR).
• Neurosurgical procedures -- craniotomies, motor cortex mapping, language mapping and awake craniotomy; peripheral nerve procedures, brachial plexus, nerve release carpal tunnel revision, and peripheral tumor removal.
• Ortho procedures -- acetabular (hip) fractures, hip arthroplasty revisions, knee arthroplasty, and leg lengthening.
• Spinal cord stimulator -- implanting a stimulator where the patient is fully anaesthetized during procedures.
Assure Holdings Corp. delivers intraoperative neuromonitoring services to about 131 surgeons operating in 66 surgery facilities and hospitals across the United States, including Colorado, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Texas, South Carolina, Michigan, and Louisiana.
In a press release dated June 24, 2021, Assure Holdings Corp. mentioned that it augmented an auditory brainstem implant surgery to restore the hearing function of the patient. Moises Arriaga, a neurotologist in Louisiana and the company’s neurophysiologists, conducted the surgery utilizing IONM equipment from Cadwell Industries, Inc., a biotech healthcare company.