Aequus Pharmaceuticals Inc manufactures and market specialty drug products. Its primary operations are based in Canada with head office in Vancouver.
Aequus Pharmaceuticals Inc is a publicly listed company, whose common stocks trade on the Canada’s junior trading platform TSXV under the quote of ‘AQS’.
Aequus Pharmaceuticals develops and sells numerous pharmaceutical products that are focused on three therapeutic areas: neurology, ophthalmology and transplant. The products and pipeline portfolio of the specialty pharma company includes:
• Vistitan™: It is Bimatoprost 0.03 per cent ophthalmic solution for open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension
• Evolve™ Daily Intensive and Evolve™ Intensive Gel: For treatment of eye soreness, dry eye, grit and irritation.
• Undisclosed Preservative-Free Therapeutic: It is presently under pre-registration phase.
• Tacrolimus IR: It is an immediate release oral tablet for transplant
• AQS1304: Transdermal medical cannabis for neurological disorders
• AQS1303: Transdermal pyridoxine/doxylamine for Anti-nausea
• Topiramate XR: Extended release topiramate oral tablet for epilepsy
The specialty pharmaceuticals company operates under two business segments: commercial division and development pipeline.
It claims to generate majority of the total revenue from the commercial platform, while continues to work on the development of its pipeline on neurology and psychiatry.
Aequus Pharmaceuticals reportedly partners with other pharmaceutical companies and associated research institutes to expand and maximize the reach of its pipeline and product portfolio across the world.
Some of the partners includes Supernus Pharmaceuticals, CannaRoyalty Corp, The Centre For Drug Research & Development, Medicom Healthcare and Sandoz-A Novartis Division.
On September 22, 2020, the pharmaceutical firm entered into an agreement with Medicom Healthcare to expand its eye care product pipeline with development of additional formulation of Hyaluronate and Carbomer 980 suitable for patients with intense dry eye symptoms.
In October 2020, the company extended the agreement with Sandoz Canada Inc to promote Tacrolimus immediate release up (Tacrolimus IR).
On March 1, 2021, Aequus Pharmaceutical launched EvolveTM preservative-free lubricating eye drop for dry eye disease in Canada. The Eyecare brand was first launched in Europe in 2015. Since then, the brand has commercialized five products in thirty-five countries, the company claims.
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the company launched its new e-commerce platform to power the sale infrastructure and commercial operations reportedly.
The pharma firm is also listed on the OTCQB® Venture Market under the stock symbol ‘AQSZF’.