- At the opening, the ASX 200 was trading 0.8 points up at 7,371.
- Seven out of the 11 sectors are trading in green with the Energy sector leading the most with a 2.22% gain.
- Strong crude oil prices are likely to boost energy stocks for the day.
On the last day of the week ending 24 September 2021, the Australian share market opened flat, mildly extending gains into the fourth consecutive session. A strong overnight closing on Wall Street, coupled with a strong rally in crude oil is likely to boost energy stocks for the day. At the opening, the ASX 200 was trading 0.8 points up at 7,371.
Image Source: Copyright © 2021 Kalkine Media
World stock markets surged higher on Thursday as investors digested the US Fed’s plans for reining in stimulus, and worries about Evergrande’s fiasco eased, aiding risk appetite.
How has the market performed so far?
As of 10:30 AM AEST, the ASX 200 was trading almost flat, with a slight downtick of 1.9 points. The ASX All Ordinaries index was also trading flat with 1.6 points cut to 7,682.9.
Top 5 gainers and losers (Data Source: ASX Website, as of 10:30 AM AEST)
Top gainers for the day so far were Computershare Limited (ASX:CPU) and Premier Investments Limited (ASX:PMV), rising by 3.37% and 2.5%, respectively. On the flip side, Centuria Industrial REIT (ASX:CIP) and Evolution Mining Limited (ASX:EVN), were the top losers, shedding 7.23% and 4%, respectively.
Coming to the market breadth, seven out of the 11 sectors are trading in green with the Energy sector leading the most with a 2.22% gain. The Real estate sector is losing the most, shedding 1.01%.
- Sigma Healthcare Limited (ASX:SIG)
- Vikesh Ramsunder has been appointed as the new managing director and chief executive, replacing Mark Hooper.
- Mr Ramsunder is currently the group chief executive of a healthcare market leader, Clicks Group.
- He will join the company in February 2022.
- Senex Energy Limited (ASX:SXY)
- The company has signed a gas sales agreement with 29Metals.
- Under the agreement, Senex will supply 2.5 petajoules (PJ) of natural gas to Capricorn Copper mine over three years.
- The commencement date for the gas supply is 1 January 2022.
- State Gas Limited (ASX:GAS)
- The company has successfully completed an AU$8-million placement at AU$0.32 per share.
- The offer received strong interest, with support from a number of leading energy investors.
- CPS Capital Pty Limited and Morgans Corporate Limited acted as Joint-Lead Managers to the Placement.
- Lefroy Exploration Limited (ASX:LEX)
- Assay results have been received from four holes from a 9-hole RC drill program, evaluating the Burns copper and gold prospect.
- Reappraisal of results from earlier RC and diamond holes has now also been done.
- The mineralisation is currently demonstrated over a 250m strike length, which is open.
- APN Industria REIT (ASX:ADI)
- APN Industria REIT successfully completed the institutional component of capital raising.
- It raised AU$100 million via an institutional placement and another AU$144 million via an entitlement offer to institutional investors.
- The new securities will be issued at a fixed issue price of AU$3.45 per security.