Australian pharmaceutical research player Pharmaxis Ltd (ASX:PXS) updated the market that the Company has enrolled the first patient for the clinical study of its lead compound PXS-5505 to determine the safety in patients with myelofibrosis.
Here are some key highlights of the study-
- Pharmaxis disclosed that the first patient for the trial to study a potential new treatment for bone marrow cancer myelofibrosis has been enrolled.
- The primary endpoint of the clinical study is to evaluate the safety of PXS-5505 in patients having myelofibrosis.
- PXS-5505 is the lead asset in the drug discovery pipeline of Pharmaxis.
- Pharmaxis has completed site initiation at several hospitals in Australia and South Korea.
- Pharmaxis updated the market that the clinical investigation sites in other countries, including the US, will be added for the dose-expansion phase.
DETAILED DISCUSSION AT: Here’s the latest development on Pharmaxis’ (ASX:PXS) cancer treatment