Qantas Airways Limited (ASX: QAN) held its 2019 Annual General Meeting. Few key takeaways from the meeting are as below:
- Qantas Airways continue to invest in Jetstar, 18 new A321 NEO’s will start arriving in mid next year.
- The company choose Adelaide as the destination of the world’s first “Zero waste flight”.
- The Jetstar Group continued to deliver the flights fares at low price with almost two third sold under $100.
- Qantas completed one of the biggest overhauls by adding 1 million reward seats for frequent flyers.
- Carrier charges cut to 50 per cent with 30 per cent increment in number of people booking reward seats.
- Added new Dreamliner into Qantas international and retired six aircrafts by the end of 2020.
At AEST (12:58 PM), the stock was trading higher at $6.285, up by 0.08 per cent from the previous close.