Since the introduction of technology in the life of human, their standard of living and working style has changed and paced up. As the use of technology in everyone’s life has increased, it also leads to decrease in the work timing. Advanced technologies like Artificial intelligence, Wi-Fi, payment technology have made life easier by reducing the time spend on daily activities and improving overall performance. On the investor front, investing technology might lead to creation of a wealth over the span of time. In the below article we will be discussing about some of the different technology companies, handling various businesses like parking management, intelligent traffic management, marketing and sale of traffic lights etc.
Smart Parking Limited
Smart Parking Limited (ASX: SPZ), listed on ASX in 2011. Its primarily involved in provisioning of parking management solutions, predominantly servicing the retail sector, managing agents as well as landowners in Australia and UK. The company recently announced that Paul Gillespie has made a change to its holding in the company by acquiring 265,209 ordinary shares under employee share scheme on 8th November 2019.
Fall in Revenue
The company has continued to make investment in sales, marketing as well as R&D to support its growth strategy.
- In the month of August 2019, the Company’s board received a proposal for acquiring 100% shares of Smart Parking Limited. The proposal from ParkingEye Limited was priced at 28.4 cents in cash for every share of the company. However, this proposal was rejected by the company.
- Turning to financial background, the company reported revenue amounting to $27.0 million in FY19 (ended on June 30, 2019) as compared to $ 30.7 million in FY18. The fall in revenue is primarily due to loss of some key car parking sites in the UK management estate and Higher client revenue share because of the site mix.
- The company possesses strong balance sheet with cash reserves and no debt. It is also well placed for financing growth strategies.
- The company has also made investment in additional sales executives, customer engagement strategy and operational resource, which is showing results in more new site wins.
Currently, the stock of SPZ is trading at a price of $0.260 on 20th December 2019. The market capitalization of the company stands at $93.4 million while the total shares outstanding of the company stands at 359.22 million. The stock made a high and low of $0.260 and $0.092 during last 52 weeks.
Redflex Holdings Limited
Redflex Holdings Limited (ASX: RDF) is known as a world leader in developing and implementing intelligent traffic management products and services.
Entry into Agreement
The company recently notified the market participants that Redflex Traffic Systems, Inc., which happens to be the US subsidiary of the company has entered into a major agreement with the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority in California for giving photo enforcement as well as violation processing services.
The tenure of the agreement initially is for 8 years and is anticipated to deliver around USD 25.4 million in revenue in the initial tenure of the contract.
In another update, the company announced that it has issued 786,174 options to Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of the company Mr Mark J. Talbot following the approval from at shareholder at 2019 AGM.
Currently, the stock of RDF ended at a price of $0.520 on 20th December 2019. The market capitalization of the company stands at $75.52 million while the total shares outstanding of the company stands at 151.04 million. The stock made a high and low of $0.620 and $0.340 during last 52 weeks.
Traffic Technologies Ltd
Traffic Technologies Ltd (ASX: TTI) provides several products and services to the traffic industry. The company is having major presence in the development, marketing and sale of traffic lights. The company recently announced that Mr Robert Minney has made a change to his substantial holdings in the company on 2nd October 2019 and the current voting power stands at 11.6% as compared to the previous voting power of 10.4%.
Winning of Export Order
- The company via a release dated 11th November 2019 announced that a significant export order for the supply of traffic controllers as well as associated software to Hong Kong has been secured by Quick Turn Circuits, which is subsidiary of the company.
- As per the key personnel of the company, the export initiatives of TTI are in accordance with the strategy of diversification as well as increasing its presence in key markets throughout a broader framework of hardware, software and Smart City deliverables.
Currently, the stock of TTI closed at a price of $0.019 on 20th December 2019. The market capitalization of the company stands at $9.16 million while the total shares outstanding of the company stands at 482.22 million.
ClearVue Technologies Limited
ClearVue Technologies Limited (ASX: CPV) is engaged in the research and development activities, which are applied for transforming a glass building into a solar panel.
Inking of OEM Agreement
- On 19th December 2019, the company published a release stating that CPV has inked an OEM Manufacturing agreement with Jiangsu YY Windows & Curtain Wall System Co., Ltd
- When it comes to the scope of work under the agreement, YY Windows would be an OEM manufacturer for the company and its licensed distributors adding to CPV’s growing list of OEM manufacturers for the ClearVue products and components which are required to make the ClearVue products.
Also, the company has inked an exclusive Distribution Licence Agreement with Full Treasure Engineering Limited in Hong Kong.
Currently, the stock of CPV ended at a price of $0.175, reflecting a fall of 2.778% on 20th December 2019. The market capitalization of the company stands at $20.01 million while the total shares outstanding of the company stands at 111.15 million. The stock made a high and low of $0.387 and $0.110 during last 52 weeks.
Xref Limited (ASX: XF1) is involved in the development of human resources technology. It helps in automating the candidate reference process for employers. The company recently announced that in order to raise $3,476,000 before costs via a placement of 10,533,333 fully paid ordinary shares, it has received commitment from institutional and professional investors.
The company would be utlising the net proceeds of the placement to support further growth of the company which include additional sales and marketing capability, technology development and working capital requirements as well as other general corporate purposes.
Strategic Alliance for ANZ Region
- The company has formed a strategic alliance with CV Check Ltd, which is having presence in screening and verification for providing a best-of-breed solution for all candidate verification throughout ANZ.
- CVCheck will be offered via other Xref integrations as an outcome of the alliance.
Currently, the stock of XF1 was last trading at $0.390 with a fall of 2.5% on 20th December 2019. The market capitalization of the company stands at $66.98 million while the total shares outstanding of the company stands at 167.46 million. The stock made a high and low of $0.720 and $0.310 during last 52 weeks.
This website is a service of Kalkine Media Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 629 651 672. The website has been prepared for informational purposes only and is not intended to be used as a complete source of information on any particular company. Kalkine Media does not in any way endorse or recommend individuals, products or services that may be discussed on this site. Our publications are NOT a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold. We are neither licensed nor qualified to provide investment advice.
There is no investor left unperturbed with the ongoing trade conflicts between US-China and the devastating bushfire in Australia.
Are you wondering if the year 2020 might not have taken the right start? Dividend stocks could be the answer to that question.
As interest rates in Australia are already at record low levels, find out which dividend stocks are viewed as the most attractive investment opportunity in the current scenario in our report.