Telefonica SA (NYSE:TEF) is a Spanish telecommunication company that provides a wide range of communication and digital services, including fixed-mobile telephony, internet broadband connections, subscription-based TV services, and other related solutions in the United States and Europe.
The company is the parent of the Telefonica Group and claims to be a leading operator of telephonic services.
The multinational telecommunication firm operates under different geographical segments such as:
• Spain Segment
• Brazil Segment
• Germany Segment
• The United Kingdom Segment
• HispanoAmerica Segment
The segments provide telecommunication services and conduct business operations in their respective geographic domains.
The Madrid-based company provides different telecommunication solutions, including:
• wireless and wireline connections
• cable and data connections
• broadband and internet connections
• television services
• related digital services
The Hispanoamerica segment of the firm comprises operations across Argentina, Mexico, Uruguay, Peru, Venezuela, Chile, Ecuador, Columbia.
The telecom firm was founded on April 19, 1924, in Madrid, Spain. It has been incorporated as the parent company for an indefinite period.
The company claims to have actives business operations in over 13 countries and serves more than 340 million clients across the globe.
Apart from the brand Telefonica, the company also operates and offers its services under the following brands:
• Movistar: It is a telecommunication service provider with business operations in Hispanic American countries. In addition, it is reportedly one of the most significant providers of landline connections, broadband and internet services, mobile services, and subscription-based TV i.e., Movistar+ in Spain.
• Virgin Media O2: This is a mass media and communication firm formed with a merger between Liberty Global and Telefonica acquired subsidiaries, Virgin Media and 02 UK.
• O2 Germany: It operates under the corporate name Telefonica Deutscland. O2 Germany provides diversified telecommunication services, including broadband services, landline and mobile connections, and related digital communication services in Germany.
• Vivo: It is reportedly one of Brazil’s largest providers of telecommunication solutions.
In 2021, the company claims to be among various multinational firms listed on the Global 2000 rankings released by Forbes.