Halfords Group Plc (LON:HFD)

Consumer

Founded in 1892 by Frederick W. Rushbrooke, Halfords Group Plc is a UK’s leading retailer of motoring, cycling and leisure products and services, operating in over 900 locations across UK and Ireland. The group is also one of the UK’s leading independent operators in vehicle, servicing, maintenance, and repairs through its Halfords Autocentres business which was acquired in February 2010. The group operates through a range of portfolio of 446 retail stores, 371 garages, 75 vans and 26 performance cycling stores. The group got listed in 2004 on the London Stock Exchange as LON: HFD. After the acquisition of the group by Burmah group in 1965, Ward Group in 1984, Boots in 1989 and finally by CVC in 2002 the group expanded itself organically and through strategic acquisition since 2010, its acquisition includes Autocenters, Boardman, Tredz & Wheelies, Tyres on the Drive, McConechy’s tyre service and Cycle Republic.

The group aims to inspire and support a lifetime of motoring and cycling by making motoring easier, safer, and more enjoyable for everyone, get more people cycling more frequently and maintaining leading position in attractive markets, stable financial performance, and a prudent capital structure. The group acquired McConechy’s tyre services in 2019, with the aim to add more garages in more convenient locations as the Autocentre garages are not often conveniently located; this led to increase the size of its site footprint by 20%. Further there is the potential for 550 Autocenters across UK and Ireland. To offer access to Halfords Mobile Expert services across UK the group is planning to increase its van portfolio to 200. The group has also acquired Tyres on the Drive to increase its access to many vans and best-in-class software. Further the group is planning to increase its investment in WeFit and WeCheck services in its retail stores.  The group’s retail segment consists of two brands: Halfords and Tredz. Halfors operates across UK and Ireland and offers a range of products and services related to motoring and cycling that are marketed through the network of 451 stores and innovative multi-channel online offers. Tredz offers approx 165,000 products range of premium bikes, parts, accessories, and clothing online through its brand; Specialized, Giant, cube and Cannondale and it has 3 stores located in South Wales. The group’s retail segment employs over 10,000 people.

The products offered by the group includes Cycling products, performance cycling products and motoring products through its stores and online. Its services include mobile expert, retail motoring services, autocentres and retail cycling services. The motoring market of the group generates 67% of sales and remaining 33% is generated by the cycling market of the group.

Contact Information

company address Drive/Washford West Icknield Street Drive B98 0DE United Kingdom

company phone+44.1527.517601

company websitehttp://www.halfordscompany.com/

Similar Companies