Alexandria Real Estate Equities Inc (ARE), a publicly listed REIT, develops urban offices and campuses.
The real estate investment trust (REIT) operates and provides its service in acquiring the ownership of life sciences and technology campuses.
The publicly listed REIT also caters to development and redevelopment of these properties. The company primarily provides lease services of the spaces to its target clientele group.
In addition, the REIT firm also focuses on developing urban cluster campuses and ecosystems.
The company had its various properties across the United States. Some of its properties are located in
• San Diego
• Greater Boston
• New York City
• San Francisco
The company also claims to have the ownership of various properties including Alexandria Center for Life Science in San Francisco, San Carlos, and Long Island City.
The company, founded in October 1994, is headquartered in California. Its stocks trade on NYSE under 'ARE' ticker symbol. In addition, it is an S&P 500 firm, and claims to be in the Forbes Global 2000 rankings for 2021.
The REIT firm claims to have a broad asset base, which includes more than 36 million rentable square feet under the portfolio of operating properties.
Further, the US-based real estate investment trust claims to have more than three million rentable square feet of Class A properties. However, these Class A properties are under construction, the firm claims.
Its portfolio of near-term and intermediate term of development and redevelopment properties includes a rentable area of around seven million rentable square feet and over 10 million of rentable area as projects for future development.
The US-based REIT’s area wise the clustered locations consist of:
• Seattle: around 2.8 million rentable square feet (RSF) with submarket on Lake Union
• San Francisco: around 8.5 RSF with submarket on Mission Bay, South San Francisco, and Greater Stanford.
• San Diego: Around 7.6 million RSF with submarket on Torrey Pines, University Town Center, Sorrento Mesa, Sorrento Valley
• Greater Boston: Around 10.9 million RSF with submarkets on Cambridge/Inner Suburbs, Fenway, Seaport Innovation District, Route 128, Route 495.
• New York City: Around 1.3 million RSF In Maryland: Around 4 million RSF with submarket on Rockville, Gaithersburg
• Research Triangle: Around 3.9 million RSF