Two new Covid-19 cases have been caught at the border, as the Government considers bringing back special release exemptions for people in quarantine seeking to leave early on compassionate grounds. Six of New Zealand’s active cases were also confirmed as recovered on Thursday. The number of active cases dropped to 18. Every active case in New Zealand was in managed isolation or quarantine, and there had been no evidence of community transmission, the Ministry of Health said. Since the pandemic began, New Zealand has reported 1180 confirmed cases to the World Health Organisation. Fifty-six of these were identified at the border.
NZ Government has announced a screen sector support package that shall protect thousands of Kiwi jobs and investment in New Zealand productions. The Screen Production Fund of $73.4 million safeguards more than 230 productions that employ thousands of New Zealanders. It also protects an approximate $250 million of public funding already invested in them.
Air New Zealand has cancelled passenger services to Melbourne for two weeks as the city experiences a spike in Covid-19 cases. In a media statement the airline said due to Australian government restrictions it would not operate passenger services from Auckland to Melbourne from July 1 to July 14. The airline received a directive that no international passengers are eligible to arrive into Melbourne for the next two weeks in an effort to reduce the spread of Covid-19 within the local community. The airline was due to operate two return services to Melbourne on Wednesday.
#COVID19 #NewZealand #AirNewZealand #Kalkine