- NZX-listed players are announcing their results and updating their guidance that has garnered the attention of the investor community.
- Summerset Group Provides Earning Guidance for 1H FY20 with profit anticipated to be in between NZ$40-NZ$45 million.
- Serko Limited reported revenue of NZ$25.9 million up 11% in FY20.
- In 1H FY20 group revenue of Ebos rose by 25.2% to ~A$4,376.1.
- The operating revenue of PPH increased by 33% to US$127.5 over the year.
Several NZX-listed companies are coming up with their earning guidance and annual results for FY2020, which is turning the interest of investors from the COVID-19 pandemic towards the respective performances of the companies.
Market players are keenly looking at such companies because the annual results of any company disclose the current scenario of the Company, its financial position, and the outlook for the future.
In this article, we will highlight 5 NZX-listed companies- SUM, SKO, EBO, PPH, SKL that have recently released their results or have provided an estimate of the upcoming results.
Summerset Group Holdings Limited (NZX:SUM)
Dual-listed on ASX and NZX, Summerset Group Holdings Limited is among the leading operators & developers of retirement villages, with 31 villages completed or in development across the country. The Group provides several living options as well as care services to over 5.5k residents.
Summerset Group Provides Earning Guidance for 1H 2020
On 9 July 2020, Summerset Group revealed that the underlying profit of the Company for the 6-months (ended 30 June 2020) is anticipated to be in between NZ$40-NZ$45 million. Compare to the underlying profit of 1H19 this guidance is dwindled by 6-16%, reflecting the substantial impacts induced by COVID-19 pandemic.
Moreover, Summerset has not provided any forecast for NZ IFRS NPAT due to a key component of this profit measure being unavailable until after the completion of an independent valuation process. Notably, in the first half, the Company delivered 139 new retirement units. The lockdown witnessed construction at 13 sites in the country close for 6-weeks.
As mentioned in previous guidance, the Group continues to guarantee that it has robust financial management disciplines in place with nearly NZ$350 million of unutilised funding capacity available.
Stock Information: On 13 July 2020, SUM stock last quoted at NZ$7.100, up 1.43% from its previous close. The market cap of the stock stood at NZ$1.62 billion.
Serko Limited (NZX:SKO)
Dual-listed on ASX and NZX, Serko Limited is a market leader in travel and expense technology solution across Australasia, with more than 6,800 corporate entity users. Serko’s next-gen travel management application, Zeno, utilises predictive workflows, smart technology, as well as a worldwide travel marketplace for transforming business travel across the whole journey.
On 24 June 2020, the Company revealed its full-year results of the fiscal year 2020.
Financial Highlights for the year ended 31 March 2020:
- Revenue of NZ$25.9 million up 11%.
- Total income reported to be NZ$26.8 million up by 9%.
- Operating expenses of NZ$37.1 million up by 59%.
The Company stated that it is well-positioned for growth once trading conditions improve, and the travel industry begins to recover.
- Serko has a strong market position across Australasia, with most transactions being domestic and Trans-Tasman in the home markets. Moreover, there persists a pipeline of new customers to be onboarded from the existing reseller partners of the Company.
- The Company is predominantly focussing on domestic travel within North America and continue to add resellers to its platform as well as continue development work to localise content in North America.
- ‘Booking.com for Business’ white-label is now live in the UK and Ireland, and Serko’s agreement with Booking.com presents an opportunity to continue to expand the use of the Zeno booking tool across the world.
Stock Information: On 13 July 2020, SKO last quoted NZ$3.460, up 2.37% from its previous close, with a market cap of NZ$320.92 million.
Ebos Group Limited (NZX:EBO)
Ebos Group Limited is engaged in marketing and distributing medical, healthcare, and pharma products across the Australasian region. The Company also markets and sells consumer and animal care products.
On 5 May 2020, the Company updated its presentation, emphasising its financial and operational highlights from the first half of FY20:
- In the first half of FY20, group revenue increased by 25.2% to A$4,376.1 evidencing the strength of the portfolio of businesses with a significant boost in Pharmacy Wholesale and strong performances from Institutional Healthcare, TerryWhite Chemmart as well as Healthcare Logistics.
- Underlying net profit after tax and underlying earnings per share rose by 15.8% and 9.1%, respectively.
- The Australian wholesale business demonstrated its leading competitive position with a significant increase in revenues and profit.
- EBOS reported strong performance from the Institutional Healthcare business, Animal Care segment and Contract Logistics business.
Stock Information: On 13 July 2020, EBO last quoted at NZ$22.0, in line with its previous close, with a market capitalisation of NZ$3.58 billion.
Pushpay Holdings Limited (NZX:PPH)
NZX-listed company Pushpay Holdings offers a donor management system, comprising donor tools, finance tools as well as a custom community application for non-profit organisations, faith sector, along with the education providers located predominantly in the US and other jurisdictions. The leading solutions of Pushpay simplify payments, administration, and engagement, and enables its customers to raise participation and develop stronger relationships with their communities.
On 18 June 2020, the Company releases its annual meeting 2020 presentation and disclosed its financial highlights for the year ended 31 March 2020:
- The gross margin of Pushpay increased from 60% to 65% for the FY2020.
- Excluding the acquisition of the ownership interests in Church Community Builder, the Company delivered on its gross margin guidance for FY20, rising gross margin from 60% to 64%.
- The operating revenue of Pushpay increased by 33% to US$127.5 million over the year, and total operating expenses rose by only 5%.
- As a percentage of operating revenue, total operating expenses improved by 13 percentage points, from 65% to 52%.
- NPAT reported at US$16.0 million, down by 15% as compare to pcp.
The Company also disclosed its guidance for the year ending 31 March 2021 and mentioned it is anticipating EBITDAF of between US$50.0-US$54.0 million.
Stock Information: On 13 July 2020, PPH stock closed the day’s trade at NZ$9.240, up 0.43%, with a market cap of nearly NZ$2.55 billion.
Skellerup Holdings Limited (NZX:SKL)
Christchurch-headquartered Company Skellerup Holdings Limited is a designer, manufacturer as well as a distributor of vacuum systems and polymer products. The Company is well-known for offering innovative and engineered solutions for customers in the water and related infrastructure, dairy rubber ware, automotive, plumbing, roofing, mining along with several other industrial applications.
On 24 June 2020, Skellerup has provided a further update on the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on its business and guidance on net profit after tax (NPAT) of the fiscal year 2020. The Company disclosed that it is delighted with the strength, adaptability, and commitment of its employee to maintain safe operations and meet the requirements of customers.
Before COVID-19 pandemic, SKL was on track for a record result in the financial year 2020. At the end of March 2020, the net profit after tax for the year to date was ahead of the prior comparative period. The Company anticipates delivering a full-year NPAT of over NZ$28 million.
Skellerup intends to release its financial results for the FY20 (year ended 30 June 2020) to the market on 21 August 2020.
Stock information: On 13 July 2020, SKL last quoted at NZ$ 2.410, up 1.69% from its previous close, with a market cap of ~NZ$469.4 million.