Infrastructure Minister Shane Jones announced the investment of NZD 9 million in a raft of infrastructure projects in the Northland town of Kerikeri. The package shall aid the region in creating jobs and will boost the regional economy while it is recovering from the impact of COVID-19.
The wellbeing infrastructure package includes:
- NZD 3 million for reconstructing and revitalizing Kerikeri Domain
- NZD 2.45 million to reconstruct the Rangitane Wharf
- NZD 2 million to develop sports facilities
- NZD 1 million to build two animal shelters
- NZD 550,000 to create a sculpture at the entrance to Kerikeri