5 minutes 47 seconds ago
The Federal Court in Brazil Lifts Embargo Against Alunorte- The Worldâs Largest Alumina Refinery
The Federal Court in Belém, Brazil, lifts an embargo (one of the two) on Alunortes new bauxite residue disposal (DRS2) under the civil lawsuit.
- However, Alunorte is subject to an embargo on DRS2 levied by the same court in a parallel criminal lawsuit, albeit, the alumina refinery major expects an extension of the civil decision to the criminal case shortly.
- Alunorte would continue to utilise the old bauxite residue disposal area (DRS1) until the DRS2 embargo under the criminal case is lifted.
6 minutes 39 seconds ago
Chinese Ports Pile-up Iron Ore Ahead of the National Holidays in China
Iron ore inventory across the Chinese ports witnessed a sharp pile-up ahead of the National Holiday.
- The inventory across 35 significant ports in China surged by 3.92 million tonnes to stand at 111.93 million tonnes (for the week ended 20 September 2019).
- Iron ore took a jab amid build in inventory to settle at RMB 632.50 (as on 20 September 2019), down by over 2.24 per cent from the previous close on the Dalian Commodity Exchange.
7 minutes 49 seconds ago
LME Joins Hand with Fastmarkets to Promote Lithium Reference Price
London Metal Exchange partners with the global price reporting agency-Fastmarkets to promote the acceptance of lithium reference prices.
- The London Metal Exchange plans to launch an LME future contract of lithium
- Lithium chemical prices to be updated on LME’s website on a weekly basis.