Top News Of The Day :
• NATO leaders have warned that China poses a constant security challenge and is working to undermine global order. Thirty heads of state and government are meeting in Brussels in Belgium and in a summit statement, they said that the rising superpower’s nuclear ambitions and assertive military behaviour “present systemic challenges to the rules-based international order”
• Victoria has recorded no new locally acquired Covid-19 cases so far today. There are currently 54 active coronavirus cases in Victoria, down from 64 on Monday. Both of Monday’s new positive cases were children, with one linked to a household cluster in Reservoir and the other was a close contact of the City of Melbourne case announced over the weekend.
• Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison and Boris Johnson have forged a free-trade deal over dinner in the UK. It paves the way for more Australians to live and work in Britain once international borders reopen. It will likely take effect from mid-next year.
• Myanmar's ousted leader Aung San Suu Kyi went on trial this week facing three cases on Monday, two linked to the possession of radios and one for breaching coronavirus regulations. The 75 year old also faces charges of incitement and charges of violating the Official Secrets Act.
• A line of unforecast winter storms has surprisingly hit south-east Queensland. Storms whipped down as far south as northern New South Wales and up to the North of Brisbane this morning as the east moving system moved along.