The programme touches upon price-sensitive announcements during early trading hours in the Australian market that would impact stock movement. Watch The Stocks in Action on Kalkine TV and stay updated.
• Wesfarmers, were trading down after Australian Pharmaceutical Industries rejected its proposal. Wesfarmers proposed to acquire 100 per cent of Australian Pharmaceutical Industries shares for a cash consideration of Australian dollar 1.38 per share.
• Johns Lyng Group, the integrated building services company, shared on Thursday that it has acquired a 60 per cent controlling equity interest in Steamatic Australia - a national restoration services company. The acquisition is effective from 1 July 2021.
• Shares of WhiteHawk were trading up, post the company announced today that its Cyber Risk Scorecards will now be available for purchase via the Amazon Web Services Marketplace, by both public and private sectors.
• Moving on to the next news that covers Volpara, the health technology software firm.
• The share price of the company, was trading up after the company received FDA clearance for the latest version of its key science algorithm, Volpara Imaging Software - VIS 3.2.
• Stock of the cashback reward program business PointsBet were trading flat today after it announced a capital raising of approximately Australian dollar $400 million.
• The software provider for the financial services industry IRESS announced an on-market share buy-back of up to AU$100 million of ordinary fully paid shares.