The show guages the pulse of the market and trends that emerge by mid-day, along with providing the commodity and crypto charter, besides market gainers/losers. Watch The Mid-Market Pulse on Kalkine TV and stay updated.
• Shares of metals and mining giant Rio Tinto climbed 3.5% to $136.70 after the company reported strong earnings and announced to pay AU$9.1 billion in dividends.
• Shares of iron ore miner Fortescue Metals Group were trading 2.75% higher at AU$26.52 on strong production in June quarter.
• Shares of Australian Pharmaceutical Industries was spotted at AU$1.41 after it rejected a takeover bid from Wesfarmers calling it “opportunistic”. Reacting to the news, Wesfarmers dropped 0.15% to $61.46.
• Lithium mining company Pilbara Minerals has requested a voluntary suspension from the ASX, pending the outcome of a court application in Western Australia.
• The share price of Ramelius Resources rose 1.2% to $1.64 after the gold miner reported a record production for the 2021 financial year.
• Real estate player Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield shares were down 0.3% to $5.80 after it reported earnings for the first half of the year. The company reported 26.2% decline in net rental income as the group’s centres closed for 68 days on average in wake of COVID-19 pandemic.
• Property group Arena REIT’s shares slipped over 1% to $3.58 on lease renegotiation with Goodstart Early Learning. The company has agreed terms for the renegotiation of leases on a portfolio of 87 properties across Australia with its largest tenant partner Goodstart.