The programme touches upon the latest economic and financial developments across the globe, some of which can have far-reaching effects worldwide. Watch The Economic Corner on Kalkine TV and stay updated.
• New Zealand's Central Bank announced a halt to its pandemic-induced $70 billion bond purchase programme. The announcement sent the Kiwi dollar soaring with markets taking it as sign of a rate hike.
• New Zealand’s international travel data release for May 2021. From January 2020, governments have imposed international travel restrictions in multiple countries, due to the spread of COVID-19 around the world.
• The pace of US consumer price increases accelerated unexpectedly in June. The index rose last month at the fastest pace since August 2008. It was up 5.4 per cent from the previous year.
• Now moving on to an important announcement from the State Department spokesman Ned Price.
• The U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken will stress the central regional role of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations in a virtual meeting with the bloc's foreign ministers on Tuesday.
• Fed Chairman Jerome Powell is scheduled to deliver the central bank’s semiannual report to Congress on the state of the U.S. economy today.