This show gives a glimpse of global market performance, and the factors driving different markets, including the US, the UK, Australia and the Asian markets. Watch Global Market Roundup on Kalkine TV and stay updated.
• In its latest economic report, the US Commerce Department said the US GDP grew by 6.5% year on year in the second quarter.
• Online payments system Paypal second quarter revenue jumped by 17% to US$6.24 billion, but the stock fell by over 6% at the market close.
• FTSE 100 listed financial services company Lloyds Banking Group shares went down by about 1.24%
• Foodservice company Caterer Compass Group shares went up by around 3.67% after the Company had expected fourth quarter trading to remain around 80% to 85% of the pre-pandemic levels.
• Beverage alcohol company Diageo had delivered a robust growth in the profitability during the first half. However, it remained cautious regarding the near-term volatility. Furthermore, the shares grew by around 1.29%.
• Arms, security, and aerospace company BAE Systems shares rose by around 2.18% after the Company had increased the dividend and announced a 500 million pounds share buyback programme.