- Twenty Seven Co has appointed Ausdrill for the initial RC drilling campaign at the Mt Dimer mining lease.
- The initial RC program will take two to three weeks, covering drilling on 15 to 25 holes.
- The program is designed to confirm the high-grade historical drill intercepts and extend the mineralisation at depth.
Gold explorer Twenty Seven Co Limited (ASX: TSC) has recently engaged Ausdrill to conduct the initial reverse circulation (RC) drilling campaign at the Mt Dimer mining lease. The drilling activity is scheduled to commence by mid-February 2021.
The initial RC program will take two to three weeks to complete drilling on 15 to 25 holes, aggregating up to 3,300 metres. The logistics team at the Company would be mobilised in early February 2021 to prepare the drill sites for the drilling program.
Lens on Mt Dimer Gold Project
The Mt Dimer Gold Project includes the mining lease (M77/515) and the exploration tenement (E77/2383), almost 100 kilometres north east of Southern Cross. The mining lease was historically mined in mid-1990s when the gold traded around A$500 an ounce.
The open pit mining operations extracted over 77,000 tonnes of ore with a gold grade of 3.44 g/t producing 8,500 ounces of gold, to a depth of 50 metres.
Since 1996, no substantial exploration or production activities have been concluded at the project area. The historical drilling program undertaken during the 1990s and the 4-hole drilling campaign of 2017 indicate the presence of substantial gold mineralisation at the open pit mining operations along the strike.
The new planned drilling program aims to confirm the historical drill intercepts (high-grade) while also extending the gold mineralisation at depth.
Source: TSC ASX Update, 29 January 2021
The Future Steps
The planned upcoming steps at the Mt Dimer mining Lease include:
- Commencement of the RC drilling program
- First assay results from the maiden drilling program at the Mt Dimer mining lease
- Completion of the maiden drilling program
- Subsequent release of remaining assay results
- Modelling of drill data and planning of upcoming activities
TSC traded at $0.006 on 4 February 2021 (AEDT 2:39 PM).