Source: SRN Website
- Surefire Resources (ASX:SRN) has secured a Program of Work (PoW) approval for a major drilling program at Yidby Road.
- A detailed gravity survey has defined the potentially mineralised structural corridor over at least 2km.
- Results from the survey have highlighted key targets for further regional-scale drill-testing.
Western Australia-based explorer Surefire Resources NL (ASX:SRN) is set to undertake a major new RC drilling program at its 100 per cent owned Yidby Road gold prospect.
As per an upbeat market update on 22 February 2021, the company has received a green light for its Program of Work (PoW) for the drilling program. The approval was granted by the Department of Mines, Industry, Regulation and Safety (DMIRS).
Buoyed by this significant market update, SRN moved up by 3.225 per cent and was trading at $ 0.032 on 22 February 2021 (2:26 PM AEDT).
Copyright © 2021 Kalkine Media Pty Ltd
RC Drilling Program at Yidby Road
The Yidby Gold Project sits within the extremely fertile Yalgoo-Singleton Greenstone Belt. Centred in a highly attractive location, Yidby is surrounded by several significant gold projects including the million-ounce Kirkalocka Gold Project, +1.1 million-ounce Minjar Gold Project, Mount Gibson Gold Project, and Rothsay Gold Project.
Drilling contractors have been engaged for the imminent start of the RC drilling program, planned for up to 6,000m.
They are likely to test the extensions of the thick and relatively high-grade mineralised zone at depth and along strike to the northwest and southeast.
Encouraging Gravity Survey Results
A detailed gravity survey was conducted over a 2km corridor to the northwest and southeast of the Yidby Road prospect. It targeted structural breaks and porphyry intrusions associated with the major structures hosting the mineralisation.
Notably, several follow-up targets for extensions and repeats of the Yidby Road mineralisation have been discovered. Other significant findings are illustrated below-
MMI Soil Survey
A soil sampling survey has also been carried out at the Yidby Road prospect. The survey extended northwest and southeast of the drilled area over a 1.6 km strike length.
- A layer of transported cover, deepening to the northwest, obscures the Yidby Road mineralisation.
- Samples will be analysed using the Mobile Metal Ions (MMI) method.
- Weakly bonded gold and other associated elements in the upper profile are expected to be detected.
While the approval of the Yidby Road PoW has paved the way to begin a major new RC drilling, the survey results are encouraging and signal towards further regional-scale drill-testing. It will be interesting to watch an exciting turn of events unfold at Surefire Resources in the near future.