Reportedly, De Beers Group has increased its diamond price by around 4% in its second sale of 2021, as per the media reports.
- The Anglo-American PLC unit has raised its prices for the third time in a row after the global economy took a pace post-pandemic.
- The strong holiday sales in the US and Chinese New Year have boosted the prospects for diamond.
- The current price rise in Botswana is followed by last month's price hike of 5% and another price hike during December.
- The price hike mostly covers rough stones that would produce 2 to 4-carat gemstone. The prices for such stones rose more than 7%.
- The company recorded its biggest sales of three years in January and expects robust earnings like its peers in the upcoming future.